We aim to provide programs and services which will allow our students to reach their full potential. We strive to foster in our students a passion for learning, to become literate and critical thinkers, thus allowing them to contribute positively to society.
Governing boards bring together parents, school staff, and community members who work in partnership towards the primary goal of making decisions that benefit our students.
Hampstead School Governing Board
The governing board is a structure that creates a partnership of parents and staff in the management of the school. The governing board is not involved with the day-to-day running of the school but works with the principal in setting and implementing policy directions for programs and services that will meet the needs of the students and the community.
What are the Functions and Powers of a Governing Board?
The principal of the school is required to collaborate with the school staff on a variety of educational and pedagogical items and bring proposals to the governing board for approval. Some of these are:
- Success plan
- Rules of conduct and safety measures
- Tmplementation of the basic school regulation
- Time allocation for subjects
- Enrichment and adaptation of programs to meet local needs
- Educational activities such as field trips, which change the students’ regular schedule
- Implementation of student and special education services
- The use of non-teaching time for educational purposes, and extracurricular activities
- Principles for determining the cost of consumable materials
Governing Board Minutes
Want to know more?
More information on Governing Boards can be found by consulting the EMSB website by clicking on the link below: